In general, there are three times during the year that UGA releases freshman decisions:
- Mid-August - Freshman application is accessible online
- Mid-Late November - EA Decisions released
- Late February - Admit decisions for RD or deferred EA applicants meeting EA admit criteria
- Late March - Final Decisions for all remaining freshman applicants
See the Admissions Deadlines page for more details on the specific deadlines and required materials for admission consideration.
In general, transfer decisions are sent out based upon the term for which a student has applied, and the time is based upon when we are able to review the files and how many files we have to review:
- The Summer/Fall transfer application is accessible online in late October, and the Spring application is accessible online in late May
- Summer Transfers - Generally, UGA reviews a majority of the files in late January through the beginning of March, with a limited number of decisions coming before and/or after this time frame due to other factors.
- Fall Transfers - Generally, the review process begins in late February and goes through the beginning of May, starting with the files that were completed first and working from there. In addition, files with more complicated transcripts or multiple transcripts may take longer to review.
- Spring Transfers - Generally, UGA begins review of Spring files in August, and will finish most of the decisions by late September.