Yesterday the UGA Admissions Office announced that our Early Action decision release date would be Friday, November 16 in the late afternoon. If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know not to ask when late afternoon is, as I cannot give you an exact time. In the lead up to the decisions going out in two weeks, here is some data about this year's Early Action application group.
- Total EA Applications: 16,906 (submitted and app fee paid)
- 13.6% increase over last year, which is a very big increase
- Complete Early Action Applications as of today: 16,320
- 97% are complete right now, very impressive
- EA Applicants Applying within 4 days of Deadline: 7,500
- Wow, just wow
- Total number of EA Applicants using Coalition App: 5,000
- We are fine with either application source (in-house app or Coalition)
- Residency data on EA apps: 54% in-state, 46% out-of-state
- We do not make different decisions based on residency, but it is an interesting data point as we saw a large jump in out-of-state apps this year.
- Most common majors: Biology - 1,850 applicants, Undecided - 1,557
- We do not make different decisions based on major, but it is always interesting to see the different academic interests of our applicants.
I cannot guess as to how the increase in applications will impact any decisions right now, but please know that we have a large number of very strong EA applicants. Now we just have to get through reviewing them all!
Good luck, and Go Dawgs!