- A short while after you apply, we will load your application into our system. You will then be able to log into the Applicant Status page, and this is where you will be able to check on the status of your required supplemental items. When you enter your counselor's name and contact information into the Academics page of the application, this triggers an email to go to your counselor so they can submit the required school/counselor report. FYI, we are okay if your counselor chooses to send in a counselor form through Naviance instead.
- Be patient as we load your application into our our system and match up test scores and supporting documents. We suggest giving our office 5-10 business days to match up items, especially if they are sent by mail, so you do not need to send items multiple times.
- Parents-While we have had parents start an application in the past, I do not suggest this for the 2017 application, as we are using a new system that links the application with our recruitment system. If you start an application, this will create a new prospective student in our system, and that is not what you (or I) want to happen.
- Documents (transcripts, counselor/school evaluations, etc.) that are sent prior to applying are now able to be matched with your record in our system when they arrive, so they should display on the Application Status page fairly quickly. Just make sure any materials that are sent in have your full name and birth date on it. We accept electronic documents such as Naviance/Parchment (an electronic document system) documents and our own counselor form, as these get to us much quicker than printed documents that are mailed. The new GAFutures system is not functioning exactly as the old GA411 transcript system was, but we are working with the state to get it up and running ASAP. We are okay with mailed documents , but it takes more time to get materials to us through the mail, opened, scanned and into a file than with electronic documents.
- On the Applicant Status page, we have given the option for students to upload their fee waiver and Permanent Residency card (Green card) if these options were marked on the application. This will expedite the review process for these documents, and we do not need an additional paper copy if you upload the document through the Status page. We also have given students the option to upload a resume on the Status page, but that is not a required document.
- We will accept all nationally offered SAT/ACT scores that are both taken and sent by the Early Action 10/15 deadline, so we are fine with the October SAT but we cannot accept the October ACT. Make sure you send us scores on time so we can review your file.
- Use the Applicant Status page to keep track of your application and supporting documents/test scores. You (the applicant) are ultimately responsible for your application, but we will send reminder emails/texts if your file is incomplete. I repeat, use the myStatus page to keep track of your application. In addition, review the Timelines page for more details on when to expect a decision.
- Remember, we need an application fee, an official transcript, a school/counselor report and an SAT or ACT score to complete your file, and the supplemental items EA submission deadline is 10/22. We cannot review your application without all these items. See the Deadlines/Required Items page for more details.
Thursday, September 1, 2016
2017 Freshman Application is Open
The 2017 Freshman application is now open! Here are a few key steps about what to do after you submit an application.