- Spring Transfers: I expect that our office will be finished with transfer decisions sometime this week, with the exception of anyone who has applied to a non-Athens program or someone with a conduct issue that is serious.
- Spring Orientation registration will open up in late September/early October, so accepted Spring students should keep an eye on their email for notification.
- As of today (9/12), we have 2,500 freshman who have submitted an application, and almost 8,200 additional students who have started an application but have not submitted it yet. While it is hard to predict the future based on 12 days, that is roughly 500 more than last year at the same time.
- We have three automated emails which go out to applicants after they hit submit. Email #1 goes out right after you apply, and lets you know we received the email, what you need to do next, and a link to the Applicant Status page. Email #2 is a reminder for students who applied but have not submitted their application fee, and it goes out 5 days after application submission. Email #3 goes out 7 days after an application (with an app fee) is submitted to any applicant who is still incomplete. Make sure to pay attention to these emails, and to list uga.edu as an acceptable email that will not go into Spam.
- We have officially completed the Peach State Tour with Ga Tech and Ga State, and we were able to reach over 4,000 student/parents and 500 HS counselors. We hope you were able to attend!
- For those who were not able to attend, we are on the road for the next two months or so. Go to our UGA Near You site to see where our counselors will be traveling in the fall.
- Before you start your application, remember to pull together a few things: correct SSN, a copy of your transcript, a resume, and your counselor's contact information.
- For test scores, remember that while we ask for students to list their scores on the application, we need official SAT or ACT scores to be sent to us by the deadline from the testing agency.
- On the Academics page, make sure to list the high school from where you will be graduating, and then give us your counselor name and contact information so an email can be sent to them. If you attended any prior high schools or are taking DE/MOWR college classes, these should be listed on a later page.
- For the self-reported grades, make sure to read the questions carefully and then answer them. If you make a minor error on the self-reported grades, do not panic. We review each transcript and correct any minor mistake, so you do not need to contact us with a correction.
- We also know that sometimes minor changes will happen with senior schedules (especially second semester), so just enter in your best estimate of what you will be taking this year on the Academics page.
- Don't wait until the last second to apply. Seriously.
I hope this helps, and Go Dawgs!