For the applicant pool of 2017, there are a number of changes (FAFSA timeline pushed forward, Coalition application for some, new SAT, etc.), and so I am going to post some rough, non-perfect data on the admitted 2016 class with some SAT R data based on the College Board concordance tables so future applicants can better understand what to expect next year. Caveat 1 -This is not the final data on the enrolling 2016 freshman class, so do not think that it is. Caveat 2 - Any SAT R numbers are projected out based on concordances from the SAT 1 scores, and as such are very, very projected and not actual! Everyone understand and agree on that? Good.
2016 Application Data
- 23,000 Applications
- 11,500 Accepted Students
- Estimated 5,400 Enrolling Students
- Core Re-Calculated GPA - 3.91-4.17 (weight added for AP/IB grades)
- Since the best predictor of college success in HS core grades, expect this to be strong. Generally admitted students are A or A/B students in their core HS classes.
- Average Number of AP/IB/DE courses - 5-10 over a four HS career.
- UGA Admissions looks at the context of the school situation and understands that some schools offer a number of advanced classes, where other schools do not.
- SAT 1 Mid 50% -Range: 1200-1420 Total, with 600-710 CR, 600-710 M
- ACT Mid 50% -Range: Composite 28-32, with similar mid-ranges for the ACT E and ACT M.
- SAT R Projected Mid 50% -Range: 1270-1470 Total.
- The SAT R data is projected out based on the concordance tables provided by the College Board, but is in no way exact, as freshman entering in Fall 2016 did not take the SAT R.