- Please do not have multiple family members try to log onto the myStatus. This will slow down our serves. We suggest that only the student log in as multiple people logging in could lock down your myStatus. You can always share this information with family members after you see it. Remember, the myStatus page might be a little slow when it first opens due to high traffic volume-Just be patient.
- No matter what your decision is, remember that there are a number of college options and UGA is just one of them. An admissions decision is not a judgement about your worth. A majority of our applicants are strong, qualified applicants, but our freshman class is not big enough to accommodate everyone.
- When trying to comprehend your decision, please understand that our office is looking at your file individually, then in comparison with the rest of the 23,000 applicants. That is a very large, very strong applicant pool, and we are limited in how many students we can admit and enroll.
- We posted three blog posts this morning, one for each of the three decision possibilities, with details about each decision and links to FAQs. Please review everything about a decision before commenting.
- Please remember that other students and the admissions representatives in our office are people too and treat everyone with respect. Before hitting submit on a comment, make sure you actually want to post it.
- As in past years, we have admitted a small group of freshman to start in the Spring 2017 term. Please make sure to look at the term of acceptance if you are admitted. An offer of Spring will not be shifted to Fall or Summer, as we made a decision to admit this small group for Spring 2017.
- We will delete any comments that are offensive, ask for personal information/stats from others, or that fall into the unacceptable comment category (Comments that bully, intimidate, or harass any user; Content that is hateful or threatening. Please see the New Visitors information posted on the right side of the blog).
- After decisions are out, the next steps are up to you. Whether you are depositing at UGA or another school, signing up for Housing, or registering for Orientation. Make sure you take care of everything you need to post-decision.