- Get a copy of your SSN card to make sure your information is correct for both admissions and Financial Aid data.
- Print out a copy of your official HS transcript to help with the self-reported grades section.
- Update and print out a copy of your résumé for the activities/sports/volunteer/work/etc. sections.
- Get your payment information, and know that we can only accept credit card payments from 7 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Send in your SAT/ACT scores to UGA, and remember that we superscore and only use your highest scores, so there is no need to wait until after you apply or after you see the scores to send them. You can send updated test scores after you apply, but we suggest sending in any scores you have already received.
- Do not be late submitting your application, as we shut off the Early Action deadline after 10/15, and we cannot reopen it. Make sure you both complete the application and select a payment option, as both are required to apply. Do not wait until the night of the deadline to apply, as that is when your computer will decide to freeze up.
- Be patient as we load your application into our our system and match up test scores and supporting documents. Test scores are loaded on Tuesdays and Fridays, and are not always sent immediately by the testing agency. We suggest giving our office 5-10 business days to match up items, so you not need to send items multiple times.
- Documents (transcripts, counselor/school evaluations, etc.) that are sent prior to applying take a little while longer than items sent after applying, so we suggest sending in materials after you apply. We accept electronic documents such as GACollege411 transcripts, Parchment (an electronic document system) documents and our own counselor form, as these get to us much quicker than printed documents that are mailed. We are fine with mailed documents, but it takes more time to get to us through the mail, opened, scanned and into a file than with electronic documents.
- We will accept all SAT/ACT scores that are both taken and sent by the 10/15 deadline, so we are fine with the October SAT but we cannot accept the October ACT. As well, in order for us to use your ACT scores, we need at least one ACT Writing score. Make sure you send us scores on time so we can review your file.
- A day or so after you apply, we will load your application into our system. You will then be able to log into the myStatus page. This is where you will be able to enter your counselor's email for the school/counselor evaluation. We are okay if your counselor chooses to send in a counselor form through Parchment instead.
- Use the myStatus page to keep track of your application and supporting documents/test scores. You (the applicant) are ultimately responsible for your application, but we will send some reminder emails/texts if your file is incomplete. I repeat, use the myStatus page to keep track of your application.
- Remember, we need an application fee, an official transcript, a school/counselor evaluation and an SAT or ACT (with Writing) score to complete your file, and the supplemental items EA submission deadline is 10/22. We cannot review your application without all these items.
I hope this helps, and Go Dawgs!