To add a major:
- Log into Athena
- Select Student
- Select "My Programs"
- Select "Add Major"
- Select your new major from the dropdown menu. (You should select the intended major where possible because you have not met the requirements for the actual major at this time.)
- Select "Next", and then "Confirm". The new major will now appear under My Majors.
- Select "Remove Major"
- Select the major you wish to remove from the dropdown menu.
- Select "next" and then "Confirm". The major will no longer appear under My Majors.
If the major you wish to add requires approval, you can click a link to the Bulletin to see the requirements for the major. New UGA students should select the intended major where possible because you have not met the requirements for the actual major at this time. If you choose to add the major, the change will be pending until the request is approved or denied. If an intended major exists and you select the actual major by mistake, your request will most likely be denied. You may cancel the request at any time, and only your original major will appear under My Majors.
Are you currently at Orientation or plan to attend a future Orientation Session?
- You will be advised for your new major during orientation.
- You should contact your advisor to find out if any changes should be made to your schedule.