Friday, October 1, 2010

Spring 2011 Orientation

The Spring 2011 Orientation site is now open for admitted students, and I advise that you read the introduction carefully to make sure you take the proper steps in signing up. Orientation is mandatory for all incoming freshman and transfer students, as this is where students will meet with an advisor, register for classes, etc. There will be three available dates for transfer students (one in December and two in January), and two for freshman (two January dates), and you will both see the dates and select the one that is best for you when you sign up for orientation. Freshman must submit a commitment deposit before signing up for orientation, while for transfers, there is no deposit but orientation is how you let UGA know that you will be attending the University in the Spring. If you are not sure if you will be attending UGA, do not sign up for orientation until you do know your future plans, as you are making a reservation (and paying for it!) and taking up an orientation slot.

Go Dawgs!

11 comments:

  1. Should Spring 2011 Freshman plan on moving into dorms during their orientation visit since it is so close to the first day of classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon: Spring freshman should work with the Housing office to determine the best plan of action for moving into the residence halls and starting orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applied as a spring transfer student and have yet to receive an admissions decision. When do you anticipate all of the transfer decisions will be made?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon: I will be writing a more detailed post later this week about the Spring transfer situation, so just be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. does withdrawing from a class effect someone who has already been accepted for spring 2011?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A "W" grade does not have an impact, but a "WF" grade might, depending on the other grades earned that semester.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whooo-hooo, cannot wait till jan. 5th freshmen orientation! thanks for pulling me off waitlist! love everyone in the admissions office! thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Transfer that found out I was accepted about 2 weeks ago. I'm really concerned because I have yet to receive a packet about anything. I just found out this week that I would 100% be able to attend starting in January. I am now trying to sign up for Orientation but it's telling me that "there are no credentials in my name" when I signed in under my Applicant ID. I'm terrified. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon: I would suggest you contact our office on about Wed. of next week (allow the EA calls to slow down), and at the same time make sure that you status shows as admitted on the myStatus page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. When will the summer orientation schedule / registration process be made available for fall 2011? Will students accepted in the honor's program have an opportunity to sign up for registration first? Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anon: The fall orientation programs that run from June-August will open up in May (no exact date, but we will announce it). Honors students do not sign up first, but there are a few sessions that Honors will suggest they attend, and they will hold open a number of slots in these sessions for Honors students.

    ReplyDelete