Happy Friday! My name is Cindy and I work in the UGA Admissions Office as well. I manage the Foundation Fellowship and Bernard Ramsey Honors Scholarship application process. Many thanks to DGraves for allowing me to guest post today.
The 2011 Foundation Fellowship and Bernard Ramsey Honors Scholarship application is now available on the admissions web site. This year there are a few changes and things to keep in mind with this application process.
1. Students may only apply online for these scholarships. There will be an opportunity to print a pdf of your application once it is submitted.
2. Please submit your admissions application prior to submitting the scholarship application. Since we use many of the same components for both applications, it makes things easier to match up.
3. The deadline to submit and complete the scholarship application is November 15. Your admissions application must also be completed by this date.
4. Applicants must be current high school seniors with an unweighted high school GPA of at least 3.75 and a minimum combined SAT score of 1400 (Critical Reading and Math only) or ACT score of 31.
5. If you are planning to apply for the Fellowship and Ramsey Honors Scholarships, then you must communicate this with your counselor and teacher. We will use the same forms they send in support of your admissions application. Since the letter is not required for the school evaluation form, be sure your counselor knows so she/he may include a thorough and detailed letter.
6. We are now requiring a Peer Recommendation to complete the scholarship application. This is not required for the admissions application. Make sure you select a classmate that knows you well enough to write a great recommendation. Students will list the name of the peer, along with the peer's email, in the scholarship application. The peer will then receive an email with further instructions to complete the recommendation online. Remember to communicate with your selected peer!
7. We will use the same transcript, school evaluation and teacher recommendation that is sent in support of your admissions application. There is no need to send two copies of each. Be sure your counselor knows to include a thorough and detailed letter with the school evaluation.
We look forward to reading your applications! Feel free to email me if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.