Monday, May 17, 2010

SEC Admissions!

For the last four years, the senior admissions people from all 12 of the SEC universities have gathered together to talk about admissions policies, recruiting, best policies in higher education, and other topics related to student enrollment. This year, we are lucky enough to be visiting the University of Alabama, and they have been a great host (except for all of the crimson and cream color schemes!). While we are rivals on the athletic fields, we all have the same focus in admissions - trying to help students find the right college fit. We try to get an understanding of what each college does best in trying to work with their prospective and current students, and see if their ideas can help us in our interaction with parents and students.

As such, I will be out of the office until Thursday morning, so any wait-list and/or transfer information will have to wait until the end of the week, but hopefully a majority of your questions might be answered just by patience and a little time. And by the way, this post marks my 100th post on this blog!

Go Dawgs!!

11 comments:

  1. Kevin - Ready2B ADAWGMay 17, 2010 at 10:01 PM

    No Problem, I'll just be waiting for the end of the week but hopefully I'll hear something by then, Good things come to those who wait anyways so patience is the key. Thanks for all the help you have been giving us by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am an upcoming fresman at uga and i wanted to know if i could eat out, and use the vending machine using the money that i spent on the meal plan.(i looked troughtout the uga's food and services website and i did not find the answer to my question.)
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon: The meal plan is for eating in the dining hall, so the funds do not transfer over to the vending machines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was just wondering should i use the freshman application form or there's one specially made for non-trad students?i passed my SAT's should i go ahead send it,and lastly should i send my transcripts as they are(just want to clarify because i graduated high school in my home country)
    thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria: Non-traditional applicants use the transfer application, and select the option for non-trad. The spring application should be up in late June, and yes, go ahead and send in the SAT scores and transcript(s).

    ReplyDelete
  6. when are we going to know the new price of the tuition

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon: I expect the new tuition numbers will be out shortly, and the Office of Student Financial Aid will post an updated cost of attendance shortly after that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DGraves:

    I want to apply to transfer for the Spring 2011 term, but I'm not sure what to do. Can you tell me what I need to do to apply for the Spring term? (Application, transcripts, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DGraves:

    I just finished using the transfer equivalency search and just wanted to be sure about things. If the search tells me my course is a transfer elective or USG core elective, then it transfers to UGA correct? From my understanding, the only thing that means your course doesn't transfer is if it says Non-Transferable Course and something like NTFR099 or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dale: The spring application will open up in mid-late June, and you need to apply and send us transcripts from every college where you have attended.

    Chester: For the most part, you are correct about what does or does not transfer based upon the transfer equiv. site. Make sure to look at http://www.admissions.uga.edu/article/admission_information_for_transfer_students.html for more information on how we review classes, and what will and will not be used in GPA calculation, academic standing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, DGraves. I checked the link out and it looks like I'm in good shape. I didn't have any PE classes in my 30 hours or any other classes like developmental or remedial that could be questionable. Nor did I have any failed courses so I believe all my hours should transfer. That's good news!

    ReplyDelete